It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Arkhamies: Characters
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:42 pm 
Lv.17

Ferret "No-name" Mc'Artr (A Monster) and Marty "The Ox" Mc'artr (A Hero)
Not actually brothers, the two were still, before the events leading to their separate arrivals at Worlsend, family.
Ferret's parents both died when he was small, and he spent much of his young life homeless, scrabbling for scraps, and fighting against the bigger kids who were only too happy to pick on him, calling him Ferret because of his scrawny body, quick wits, and quicker temper. Eventually Ferret even forgot what his real name was, and settled for at least having the name Ferret.
Marty's father died of typhoid before Marty was even born, and after his birth, his mother struggled to make ends meet. Marty grew up big, slow of thought (though not truly stupid. It just took longer for him to get to the same place.) and action, but kind and timid. Because of this, the neighborhood kids would often pick on him, occasionally even pelting him with rocks before his mother would step in and shoo them away. One day Ferret stepped in while Marty was being picked on, beating one of the bullies badly. After that they became close friends, and Mrs. Mc'artr was glad enough to bring Ferret into her household as a second son. Ferret never stopped getting into fights, though, learning to use whatever was around him to compensate for his comparative weakness and small size. Of course Marty would have to help Ferret when the bullies-turned-victims would return with more friends, always scolding Ferret after the fight ended. Eventually disaster struck when Marty pushed one man into a rusted pipe. The pipe snapped and impaled the man, killing him. Ferret decided to take the blame to repay the Mc'artr family's kindness, and escaped the police, fleeing for several years from town to city to town.
When Mrs. Mc'artr heard what had happened, she fell comatose, never to wake. With his brother fled and mother essentially a vegetable, Marty wandered out of the city, arriving eventually at Worlsend Gate. Ferret would arrive two years later, as it was the only place the police would not chase him to. After another year, and by complete chance, they met once more while at the theatre. They settled down to talk, and after a violent row when Marty blamed Ferret for what happened to their mother, Wrath appeared. The pair barely escaped and, while they both love eachother as a long lost brother, neither has forgotten what occured, nor completely forgiven the other. Still, if either is in trouble, the other will be along shortly to help.

Post subject: Re: Arkhamies: Characters
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:58 am 
Lv.17

Fox wrote:
Freedom is a funny thing sometimes. It's hard to really call out unless you win it for yourself. The girls might feel free, they might even be free, but unless they do something to take it for themselves they will feel indebted to their mistress. Ultimately their own personal fears and guilt/debt are what's really imprisoning them. If they are free of personal grief and their past then they can be anything, I just worry they might not be completely free yet. They obviously aren't mine to alter, I'm just making suggestions. I wonder how Worlsend's aura might yet decay/betray their personal qualities.

No FOX you understand where i'm getting to! While the girls may be free in Worlsind from the traumas of their past, they in a way are indebted to this woman, By themselves. There is no contract, there is nothing binding them here, and yet each one feels as if they havve earned this reprieve- it's all they know.

Feel free to write of the girls, that's what i'm going for!

Post subject: Re: Worlsend: Characters
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:43 pm 
Lv.8

Ok, I know I'm a little late coming in, but as I was reading about all this stuff, I had some good ideas.

I haven't exactly picked a name, I'm trying to base it on Latin and it's being a pain. But this girl runs the local library, even tho you'll never find her behind the counter. Instead, she is always sitting on the floor in front of a bookshelf with her nose in a book. She doesn't like being interrupted, or when you turn in your books late or damage them, and has a couch off to the side made of human skin and original leather to prove it. How she came here, she doesn't exactly remember, probably during one of her psychological breakdowns. She has a friend who takes care of her and the library, though she doesn't realize that he's imaginary, or that he's her personal demon. She vaguely remembers a life with a husband and kids before coming to this library, but doesn't let herself remember that she killed them, or why. She does know that she was in a mental institution, and that she escaped and ran and ran and ran, and eventually ended up here. She is mostly anti-social, and tries to push people away, but knows she can't do it forever, as the days get longer and lonelier, and her books get more and more boring. But for now, she's oki with sitting in her library, dreaming her days away.

The name I've come up with is based on 'Sui Corrupta cum Impii Aliis' which basically means 'one whos corrupt with a wicked other', but I don't like Sue C, nor do I like Alice Impi for her demon. So, any suggestions?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:45 pm 
Lv.17

What about Cora for her name (Corrupt?) and Allie Imp for her demon?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:15 pm 
Lv.8

Cora is nice, I really like that. But the demon is a definite male, and I want a definite male name, something *coughcough* sexy and dangerous. Gah, that sounds so ridiculous, i'm blushing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:42 am 
Lv.23

Jack Sparrow?

Dominique Ohi Olney Mafeyi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:43 am 
Lv.17

Ooooh yes. Hmmm. I always particularily like Alex. Allix (Alixander? Alexander?) Impii? I suck. Cora sounds pretty cool tho. :P

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:23 pm 
Lv.8

Allix Impii! That's perfect! Thanx.

Edit: It just occurred to me that I should probably add descriptions of my characters.
Allix has no face or definite form, since Cora never really looks at him. Cora is kinda dirty because she doesn't care for herself very well, but could be beautiful if she cleaned her long dark blonde ponytail. Her eyes used to be blue, but are more purple these days for an unknown reason (for now). On the short side, but built like an athlete, she could almost be called child like if she ever cracked a smile.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:02 am 
Site Admin

So, I'm walking in and O_O Holy Shit! I got a lot of catching up to do!

<_< Anywho, Month nodded at me on Steam and wanted clarification about the town, so I'll just outline it hear for ya'll.

First off, know that when writing stories, no citizen knows this stuff yet. If you hate spoilers look away!

Spoiler START!

Worlsend Gate

The Town is the manifested of it's curses and it's children. How smart is it? VERY Smart. Unlike towns like Arkham or Silent Hill, Worlsend is actively torturing it's citizens, if only on a one on one basis. Guilt and Fear are it's weapons and it is the Dungeon Master to it's citizen's Player Characters, Understand? It plots, it's pokes, it reads minds. It's smarter than you, and it wants, most of all, fear through suffering and death.

The Four Beasts

The Beasts are based off of the four cardinal appetites. The four "F's" as they're known in psychology. Fighting (wrath), Fleeing (Cowardice), Food (Gluttony), and Mating (Lust)

That means Lust isn't desire for power or anything other than sex. Very very basic urges set off the Beasts, which is why the four sins are No Fighting each other, no running from children (monsters), don't over eat, and don't have sex.

Beasts can only be harmed by the perpetrator of it's own sin. Eaters fight the eater. Fuckers fight the fucker. Etc... Those who defeat the beast becomes the beast.

There is only 1 original beast. Cowardice. And she's is the heart and soul of Worlsend Gate.

Spoilers End.

Anywhere, I hope that answers some questions.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:16 am 
Lv.17

Now... that. Is. Interesting.
mwahahahahaha.
That evil laugh is completely unrelated. I just remembered a funny story... Eyup.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:14 pm 
Natch Necromancer

*looks at The if kind of puzzled*

Sorry, I have this odd filter which keeps me from reading spoilers. Even if I may or may not know them. I'm guessing it's good so I'll just be happy. ^-^

Centrist. Fox is a lover of books and games. Often found writing.

His words may blend with the background on occasion.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:11 am 
Lv.17

That wasn't super spoily I didn't think, we know almost all of it. I don't think fox missed tooo much.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:51 am 
Lv.23

Besides the bus and the way back home after all those tentacles attacked.

Anyways, all these things will be... used in time.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:03 pm 
Site Admin

K, I just caught up with everyone now and their characters. Let's see...

BleedingBlack wrote:
Ok, I know I'm a little late coming in, but as I was reading about all this stuff, I had some good ideas.

I haven't exactly picked a name, I'm trying to base it on Latin and it's being a pain. But this girl runs the local library...

Cora isn't just a great idea, but one I've been waiting for. Already have her image painted out.

of the original Arkhamites avatars.

It sounds as if she's in a constant dream state, where she's not sure what she's doing, but floating with no alarm.

Theifofdreams wrote:
Ferret "No-name" Mc'Artr (A Monster) and Marty "The Ox" Mc'artr (A Hero)

I've been watching a Let's Playof Asura's Wrath and these two remind me of Asura and Yasha. 9_9 uh... yeah.

Characters added to the list.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:43 am 
Lv.17

Never played it. :D but the idea isn't completely mine. Just some of the specifics.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next