It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Arkhamies: Characters
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:38 pm 
Lv.7

This is going to suck, fair warning.

Jim (a monster), Caucasian, early 30s, big and tall some 6'5 and 220 kilo, short black hair with a curled handlebar mustache
It was some 10 years ago, before i ever even heard of this worlsend place, people have always described me as quiet, nice or harmless, heh, that one got me every time "harmless", I'm a killer, aint no two ways about it, see i ran a diner much like i do today, cept the worst thing you'd find in there was me, now this diner was neutral ground fer the mob and other gangs in town, good for sales, trades and meetings, not to mention my "Jim's Special Blend Coffee", you go to a speakeasy for a party, you came to my diner to drown your sorrows, now don't you get me wrong, but i did have some other "lesser known" services, body disposal (you don't wanna know bout that, funny what you can feed some people) and the occasional hit if ya got the cash, cant much do that any more cos of the beasts, o'corse now anyone causing trouble in here spends a spell in the meat locker, don't know what they see in there, but they all end up the same, dead, killed themselves far as i can tell, don't know if it this place or something that followed me here, don't much care either way, but i digress, my world ended the night of the BIG BOSSES meeting some of the most powerful crime lords, in MY diner no less, too bad the cops got wind of it, those fuckers wouldn't dare set foot in my place, so they firebombed it, nothing i could do, I grabbed Sai and Brutus*see image* and hopped the fist bus going anywhere, got here and set up shop, and that's the long and tall of it.
You want a refill?

Brutus

Sai
both are human bone handled

Last edited by Azrael on Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:03 pm 
Lv.11

Location: The eight level of the Seven Levels of Hell. (Louisiana)
I like how I'm a knife.
I'm oki with this.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:07 pm 
Lv.7

Sairento wrote:
I like how I'm a knife.
I'm oki with this.

cheers, i was kinda worried you'd be offended

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:25 am 
Lv.23

John Davis Hero (or snack if you ask any powerful, evil, human eating being)

John Davis was a man of many and divert talents. He believed firmly that there was something more in this world, and was fascinated with the occult. His first steps in the unseen world came after a fake séance, one he had walked away completely dejected by the lack of true seers. Fate had plans for him though, and he found himself before the home of the mystic known as “Madame Xanadu”. There he learned about Arkham, and found himself quite fascinated. He promptly began searching for the town, in vain, for some years, until he stumbled on a botched bank robbery. He watched in horror as simple gunslingers cut down men and women alike in their effort to escape, while he could do nothing. Walking around during that night, drunk by too much booze, he stumbled and fell in a river. He woke up the next day in Arkham, where he opened the bookstore “High Density Books for the Gifted”, which has a secret still in its basement.

John knows a few things about the occult and tries to expand his knowledge as much as he can.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:09 pm 
Site Admin

Small note: Heroes and Monsters can't get the hang of Magic, but that doesn't mean they can't understand the lore of the Occult. Just put'n that out there.

<_< I Sketch today like a mad man.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:28 pm 
Natch Necromancer

I hope this post doesn't get away from me... too late.
grimwit wrote:
I should talk to you guys about New Arkham in the character thread. I'll make that one of my To Do's today, after my Sketch Session. Not unlike your bus, New Arkham has a personality all itself, and a will that calls to the despairing and the broken outside of her boarders. 9_9 In fact, I'm prolly going to add your Bus anyway, cuz I feel bad by having the town as a critter, but no the bus.

Bleh.

All you need to know for now is the town wouldn't care for the real-estate, but the souls would be welcome.
Souls it is then, I wouldn't be too surprised if a Monster class went out for a soul harvest. ^-^

Just to clarify, who's character is the bus? Is it an NPC or should I go back to thinking with my spark plugs?
(Oh wait, it has no engine... Ghost Plugs...)
I do find the idea of it as an NPC with unknown/unknowable intentions interesting though.

If Rexia is my character instead it makes sense she would not get magic, that is unless she would need some kind of mysticism to have "survived" her death. Based on her sketches she looks like a good Other candidate. ^-^
I have ideas and would like to know more deatails surrounding death and who my one character actually is. I haven't played New Arkham so I don't know for sure how death before/after arrival works. Saffron, in the last few sentences I started to imagine Rexia as some kind of gritty technomage ghost trapped/fatefully linked to the bus she died in... ignore that please, for now at least. I obviously couldn't find a real life bus with the same design flaw, let's call it's model a Grey Fortune, "built for distance and comfort."

Centrist. Fox is a lover of books and games. Often found writing.

His words may blend with the background on occasion.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:37 am 
Site Admin

Added All new characters except the Bus and Rexia. (Working on it, next)

9_9 uh...I'll mess with the character definitions later. I'm taking advantage of the good weather and drawing now.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:01 pm 
Lv.24

Telegram Lacky (T.L)
an other
3'4" tall
thin build, tiny hands and feet. almost disappears when you are looking at him if he stands still. Very bland clothing, or dresses like a child to fool people.

T. L. Used to work outside Arkham. He remembers days working hard for endless hours, slaving away at the command of some man who would only give him and his family a break one day a year in the winter. He greatly fears the colors green and red when combined, and hates the sound of jingling bells. One day when the mail was being delivered he fell into the postmans vehicle and was carried away from his home. When he was found no one knew where he came from and they thought he was a child, no matter how much he tried to explain he was 16 years old. They didn't seem to understand him thing since he was speaking Inuit. He couldn't really remember anyone calling him anything other than tallimat so he that was what they called him, and they taught him english. He lived in a child home for 5 years before they realized he wasn't really aging or growing any bigger, and eventually decided he had dwarfism.

People had trouble pronouncing his name so eventually he shortened it to T.L. He tried to practice his native language so as not to forget, but he didn't even know what to call it or where he was from, since they only thing they ever taught him was how to work. Working was all he remembered. All of the magic he learned was based on construction and hiding and storing and wrapping. Eventually he was found to have a gift with languages and he started learning many different ones, his favorite to learn was morse code. After that his teacher helped him get training as a Telegraph officer. Because everyone called him T.L it started to translate to Telegraph Lacky instead of Tallimat.

After being transitioned around many different cities, T.L. started to get a distinct dislike for large cities and people in general. He tried to hid is presence and slink away from others, always fearing to be made to go back if he was ever recognized, and fearing so many people around him. He searched for and found a little town called Arkham with an open spot for a new telegram office that was waiting to be opened and was desired by the bank. Non of the other local officers wanted to take up this position in a tiny little town where there was almost nothing to do and no people, but to T.L. it sounded like the perfect place. He applied and was hired right away, and headed straight off on the bus to Arkham.

He was given lodging with the mail mistress above the post office, and his work was right below where he lived. He never needed to leave his house again because mail mistress fed him. Mail mistress is always very nice to children, and even though she knows T.L. isn't a child, she can't help but mother him, which he is fine with. As long as she stays out of his room, which is easy since had them change the door to a small one she can't fit through.

sometimes, as he watches the world go by through his window, or hears the customers at work, or as he is reading their messages, he wonders who these people are, what life is like out there. If he could help them with his magic. However his fears of becoming a slave again and of being with people keep him inside. for now.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:20 pm 
Natch Necromancer

Very interesting character. Looking forward to seeing how he might effect future stories, and vice-verse.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:39 am 
Lv.17

Four girls is fine, nameless extras is fine or we can develop them as needed. :) Sorry i've been away been caught up with my love affair .

I bought a laptop so i'm back, I have a bunch of pen and paper writings...Some letters between Mistress Lyssa and "MysteryMobman1"...LOVE the pic grim. Love it!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:24 am 
Lv.24

Thanks. I wanted to write about the mail mistress more too, but... i can't think of her full story yet, she isn't fully developed in my head.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:39 pm 
Site Admin

Just checking in to get character ideas for Jim (no last name).

Sorry, Goss, I'll read it later when I'm done writting this story. Character sketch and design to follow.
Edit: See Sketches for...uh...sketches.

Hey, Ducky, what about quadriplits for four girls? :mrgreen:

K, Added Character notes in the front page for Jim (main character of the first story, so far).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:07 pm 
Natch Necromancer

Quadruplets? Hot. I approve, go for it Ducky. ^-^

Also that caused me to imagine this scene in the private booths.

A girl hanging on a guest's arm absently asks, "Which one are you watching?"
He exhales and the name Cynthia forms from the last drag of his cigar. (cigarettes became popular, but not for him)
His companion seems to stir from her relaxation and waves away his smoke, "No Cynthia is waiting tables tonight."
A different, and louder, regular enjoying the same view stands up and shouts, "Stop changing the way you wear your hair!"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:49 pm 
Lv.17

Fox wrote:
Quadruplets? Hot. I approve, go for it Ducky. ^-^

Also that caused me to imagine this scene in the private booths.

A girl hanging on a guest's arm absently asks, "Which one are you watching?"
He exhales and the name Cynthia forms from the last drag of his cigar. (cigarettes became popular, but not for him)
His companion seems to stir from her relaxation and waves away his smoke, "No Cynthia is waiting tables tonight."
A different, and louder, regular enjoying the same view stands up and shouts, "Stop changing the way you wear your hair!"

Quadruplets it is, I really like that.
All about...29.

I don't want to go into their backstory I think it would be funner to leave it open to development naturally...Hmm...I'll give a little, leave the rest to everyone, this way people can use them in their own interactions.

Names are... Cynthia (I like it!) Alessandra, Aurora (Rory, Mistress Lyssa's favorite dancer, and clearly the most talented of the bunch- Also a customer favorite working the parlour.) And last but not least, willow-limbed Solstice, blessed with an extra inch of height on her three sisters, and a star shaped scar at the corner of her right eye where she was bitten in a savage dog attack. She is a bit more socially reserved, better used as arm candy as the men talk, however she may be also good at keeping secrets? She is a quiet girl. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:39 pm 
Lv.17

:eff: *coughcoughsplutter*
Oh, wow. Please avoid nearly naming me, even inadvertently.
That could have hurt.

Anyway, cool idea. Lots and lots could be done with a character/s like that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next