It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Worlsend: Characters
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:50 pm 
Site Admin

Madam Lyssa.

This pic took me too long to do. It'll be featured in the Worlsend Podcast.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:50 pm 
Lv.17

:ess: hmm... This town still needs a gravedigger, policeman, and a conspiracy theorist with a tinfoil hat.

I guess I'll jam out the gravedigger later tonight once I've got more than the barest of bones to work with.

EDIT: Jerald Weismann, A Monster: Jerald was always fascinated with dead things, nearly dead things, and the general thought of death, even as a child. As he grew older, he began to obsess over the dead, and what it was like to die. By the time he was 15, he had killed a variety of small animals, and tortured his neighbour's pet dog to death. By the time he was 21, he had fled from the mental hospital he had been placed in, murdered one of the policemen that came after him, and literally cut a small girl into tiny pieces while she lived, taking nearly a month before she died. After a vareity of unpleasant mishaps and strange deaths surrounding him, with the police hot on his trail, he fled to Worlsend; Unfortunately for him, his need to be near death has only one outlet in a town where killing things is a very bad idea. Thus, he spends his days in the graveyard, idling away his free time cutting apart fresh corpses and putting them back together again. Whether the graveyard is effecting him or not, noone can say, since he never leaves it anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:29 pm 
Lv.17

Double post:
Martin Fandrick, a Self: Martin didn't grow up knowing he'd be a police officer. He grew up wanting to be an architect. Unfortunately, he was never bright enough to manage it, and though he wasn't particularly strong or capable, he eventually drifted into the force where his lack of capability and mounting failures slowly bittered him toward the world, causing him to become petty and sometimes cruel. After a particularly unfortunate failure to capture a madman ended in the death and cannibalization of a young girl, he left the force in disgrace, and he eventually left town to wander the world. It took years, but his listless drifting brought him to the gates of either, depending on how you view it, the most lawless, or lawful, town in the world. Here he took over the dilapidated police station as the only police officer in town, though he spends many nights haunted by the spectres of all the people he let down, especially the young girl.

If he knew the criminal that he had failed to catch were with him in town, almost right across the street from the police station, the ensuing result would certainly be enough to summon Wrath on a disastrous level.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:41 pm 
Site Admin

Queeny brought up a good point.

Since the government of Worlsend is, itself, decayed, any police in the area wouldn't really be for law enforcement, per se. Rather to lower risk to civilians. They'd probably end up being lackeys for the Mayor (not necessarily a bad thing)

Edit: Needed an NPC for Worlsend 7. Used Jerald Weismann. He says 1 word. Hope you don't mind.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:25 am 
Lv.2

Victor H West (an uncanny)
White-blonde hair, pale. Thin, Many scars

As a young man, Vic was always unquestionably bright. He attended the best schools, and became famous for asking too many questions. He wanted to become a professor, until the great war broke out and he was sent to the trenches as a barely trained feild surgeon. With a thirst for knowledge, very little real training, and a steady supply of fresh bodies, he was set for trouble. He found that one did not necesarrily HAVE to put a man together the same way as he started.
By the time his superiors caught wind of this, he had become quite skilled. He escaped the troops sent to erase him and the things that had been his squadmates, and returned to civilian life. As no one would hire a surgeon with his questionable credentials, he eventually found himself in worlsend

Vic and his "talent" are responsible for some of the miraculous recoveries that citizens of worlsend encounter from seeming death. As he is keeping a low profile, these beneficiaries are not always aware of the identity of their saviour. He is usually peaceful, but carries his old service revolver just in case

I would imagine that he is currently renting rooms somewhere, rather than having his own base.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:17 pm 
Lv.17

What kind of emotional problems does he have? Past traumas or anything?

Not to nitpick; it's a cool character concept, but Worlsend is a place where more than half the population is made up of the emotional demons of all the "normal" mortals that live there. If he doesn't have any Children of his own, there's no fun to it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:04 pm 
Site Admin

If he needs an apartment, the Wordless Hotel is open. He and David would know each other.

9_9 Ghast, how did Vic's world end? The town calls on people who's deep in despair for one reason or another.

For David, his wife's death shook his world.
For John Davis, something destroyed his faith.
Even the Bus has the charred remains of passengers at the back.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:02 pm 
Lv.2

He has despaired of anyone ever appreciating his help. He does not generally get the opportunity to ask permission, and people tend to hate him when they wake up something other than human. The only ones who appreciated his work were the members of his old squad, thankful for the increased life expectancy. But he was the only one to escape the military's purge

Due to his curiosity, any unanswered question bugs him. In worlsend, that can be literal. Someone has to answer them.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:20 am 
Site Admin

So, he finds helping people hopeless because no one apreciates it. oki. It's kind of like, what's the point of everything he's been doing if no one seen and understand it? That kind of thing.

Meahwhine
MAOR UPDATE TO THE OP.

I'm currently trying to clean up the Worlsend Codex (That's my Worlsend Gate Bible) and I'm working on character's now. For your information, yes, everything you've typed in this thread about your character is going into the Codex for use of Chracter Description, but I may add some things to fit the characters together. Eventually, I'll upload and update the Codex to the website so everyone who wants to write a Worlsend Story can use it as a resource.

O_O We need a wikia or something.

I reserve the right to Canonize stuff. As such, I have separated characters into "Used" and "Yet to be used." Not all characters will get portrait. Sorry. Mostly it's just going to be the one's from the Podcast.

Anyway, if you don't see your character on the OP of this thread, it's because I haven't gotten to it, yet. This is my main priority right now.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:39 am 
Lv.2

It is not that no one notices his work. More like they notice with heavy artillery

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:08 pm 
Lv.23

John Davis, is a hero. He used to be a grocery clerk, bagging goods and manning the cash-register all day. Unfortunately for him, the grocery store was taken over by the mob, and he was left with no job.

After that he decided that he would work as a private detective, trying to ferret out corruption and aid those that cannot face evil alone. Problem was that he was not a very good detective. Though he was incorruptible, and many a shop owner employed him to help them stave off mobsters, he was never able to really make a difference. That feeling of failure led him to depression, and the only known at the time medicine against it; alcohol. One fateful night he was guarding a fishmonger’s shop when he felt a sharp pain on his head. He fell in the river. He woke up in Worlsend Gate, a town that was in dire need of someone to protect the innocent. He set up the only bookstore the town has, and for some time he was able to do what he felt was his calling; protect the innocent. The growing darkness around him though drives him day by day deeper in depression, while his drinking problem has become even worse.

Solstice is the “oldest” of the quadruplets that have begun working in mistresses Lyssass parlor. She is neither Beautiful and artistically talented like her sister Cynthia, nor a great dancer and the belle of every mans dream like Aurora, not even able to become “invisible” like Alessandra. She is tall and lanky, with a star shaped scar on her face. While her two sisters learned how to sing and dance and Alessandra tried not to be in the way, she was taught the ways of the Roma. She learned how to read the Tarot, how to read the omens. She learned the old magic, as it was taught to her by an old Gypsy woman that told her “You are going to need it, my little star. You are destined to face difficult and terrible things. But if you are true to yourself, all will end well for you.”
Two years later she and her sisters were sold to the Sicilian mob king Cesare Aita. The next 5 years were a complete nightmare for her. Her three sisters did not suffer as much, for she was the one that stood up for all of them. 3 years in her captivity she tried to run away with her sisters, but due to Alessandra betraying her, she was captured by Caesar’s dog that inflicted a star shaped wound on her face. Finally, two years later, all four sisters agreed to run away. Caesar wanted to make Aurora and Alessandra, now 18 years old, his mistresses. That was something none of the girls wanted, and they stowed away in a ship that headed to America. Unfortunately for them they ended in Noxis state. The Tenor family, a family of mobsters opposing Aita both in the old country and in the states, found them. They raided the ship and found the girls hiding. They sent them to Mistress Lyssa, knowing that even all powerful Aita would think twice to invade Worlsend Gate. Mistress Lyssa, not knowing that the girls were fugitives from the same man she betrayed welcomed them in her parlor. Of the four, Solstice should have been the less successful one. Fortunately for her, the local “hero”/drunkard, has taken a liking to her. Where will this weird relationship go, is anyone’s guess.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:16 pm 
Site Admin

I need to make a google doc with all the characters, or something. Our list of towns-folk is getting complicated.