It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Arkhamies: Characters
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:36 pm 
Site Admin

I'm thinking of letting up on the One Character a Person, thing. You guys got a lot of good ideas here. So, how about I just draw one Character per person.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:48 pm 
Natch Necromancer

I like it. Our one living character drawn out and used but we can make more, how and by who they get used is for later. ^-^

Centrist. Fox is a lover of books and games. Often found writing.

His words may blend with the background on occasion.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:29 pm 
Lv.17

I don't know, just putting it out there. I tihnk it could be a lot of fun, especially with Solstice.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:28 am 
Lv.23

So, you want us to give you some npc's that CAN work as backups for the real one? Cause as a hero, I think I might have a rather reduced life expectancy...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:57 am 
Site Admin

Know what? Go Crazy.

I'm officially opening it up. I won't promise that all characters are used, but limiting creative input seems silly for a community project.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:55 pm 
Lv.17

grimwit wrote:
Know what? Go Crazy.

I'm officially opening it up. I won't promise that all characters are used, but limiting creative input seems silly for a community project.

Sweet. =D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:39 pm 
Natch Necromancer

grimwit wrote:
Know what? Go Crazy.

You heard him, I've got PERMISSION now!
BahahahHAHAHAH! *his laughter becomes exceedingly hysterical and fragmented as he moves off into the distance*

I swear to only post things I think are good! Does anyone have a problem with arachnids?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:33 am 
Lv.17

Fox wrote:
Does anyone have a problem with arachnids?

50/50. Long as they don't actually do anything to me, I'm only slightly nervous about them.

---------------------------------------------
Also, to avoid double posts: Second character.
Henry Faustus, An Other.
Henry was a history professor, one with a serious obsession with the occult. He was happily married, had a good job teaching, and while not being wealthy, certainly was above the common middle class. He had a good life. But he delved too deeply into the mysterious... Eventually the secret learnings he uncovered twisted him inside... Not into something "good", or "evil." Not even into something alien and profound. It simply changed his perception, showing him what was really there... Things that people normally blinded themselves too. Upon returning home that day, he saw his wife and realized that she had been sleeping with other men nearly every week since their marriage. It had merely been convenient to her to marry him for his money. When Henry realized this, he killed her with a kitchen knife before gouging out his right eye. He would have taken the left out too, but the police arrived in time to stop him. He was placed in an insane asylum, and after a short stay escaped, fleeing to New Arkham.

Unfortunately for Henry, as much as New Arkham is a safe haven for him, many of the things that go on in the city are, on some level, profoundly disturbing. Unlike most of the residents though, he no longer has any of the filters required to effectively adapt to, or deal with, such things and he spends much of his time alone to avoid any exposure to something abnormal. He completely refuses to go into the drug store as well, always babbling about fishmen.
---------------------
Hope you enjoy, Grim.
I figured that, as cliched as it is, having the Only Sane Man would be pretty fun. Giving him a valid, and spooky, reason that comes with plenty of fun backstory just makes it all the better. Right? And the whole "Learned too much, went crazy" didn't feel nearly as interesting as "learned too much. Sees what's really there." instead ANYWAY.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:29 am 
Lv.17

Theifofdreams wrote:
Fox wrote:
Does anyone have a problem with arachnids?

50/50. Long as they don't actually do anything to me, I'm only slightly nervous about them.

---------------------------------------------
Also, to avoid double posts: Second character.
Henry Faustus, An Other.
Henry was a history professor, one with a serious obsession with the occult. He was happily married, had a good job teaching, and while not being wealthy, certainly was above the common middle class. He had a good life. But he delved too deeply into the mysterious... Eventually the secret learnings he uncovered twisted him inside... Not into something "good", or "evil." Not even into something alien and profound. It simply changed his perception, showing him what was really there... Things that people normally blinded themselves too. Upon returning home that day, he saw his wife and realized that she had been sleeping with other men nearly every week since their marriage. It had merely been convenient to her to marry him for his money. When Henry realized this, he killed her with a kitchen knife before gouging out his right eye. He would have taken the left out too, but the police arrived in time to stop him. He was placed in an insane asylum, and after a short stay escaped, fleeing to New Arkham.

Unfortunately for Henry, as much as New Arkham is a safe haven for him, many of the things that go on in the city are, on some level, profoundly disturbing. Unlike most of the residents though, he no longer has any of the filters required to effectively adapt to, or deal with, such things and he spends much of his time alone to avoid any exposure to something abnormal. He completely refuses to go into the drug store as well, always babbling about fishmen.
---------------------
Hope you enjoy, Grim.
I figured that, as cliched as it is, having the Only Sane Man would be pretty fun. Giving him a valid, and spooky, reason that comes with plenty of fun backstory just makes it all the better. Right? And the whole "Learned too much, went crazy" didn't feel nearly as interesting as "learned too much. Sees what's really there." instead ANYWAY.

Sounds like the kind of man Solstice could really get her teeth into.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:19 pm 
Lv.17

Whonow?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:38 am 
Lv.17

Theifofdreams wrote:
Whonow?

One of Miss Lyssa's Dancer/Waitress Girls. She's quiet and perhaps good at keeping secrets.
I have a write up on her in my post.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:55 pm 
Lv.17

Oh, yes. How easily we forget background characters...

:see: Even though, inevitably, we're all background characters.
Edit: Jeeze. Grim says "go crazy" and everyone is all like "YES!" and then nothing happens.
I was expecting to see lots of awesome characters from everyone else... Ah well.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:17 am 
Site Admin

Hey, Ducky. Why tell us about the Quadruplets?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:03 pm 
Lv.17

I feel like the more I tihnk about Miss Lyssa as a character, the more I get into the Girls and what brought four identical twin sisters to a place like this. Got me thinking about how their world ended. I was thinking sex trade, despair, murder and running.

All the girls really knew was that when they reached Worlsend Gate they were to find "Ms. Lyssa Capulet".
They did not know why, they did not know who had taken them from the hell they were in. A bus pulled up, they were told to get in, and then they just were. And then they were strangely enough, free.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:33 pm 
Natch Necromancer

Freedom is a funny thing sometimes. It's hard to really call out unless you win it for yourself. The girls might feel free, they might even be free, but unless they do something to take it for themselves they will feel indebted to their mistress. Ultimately their own personal fears and guilt/debt are what's really imprisoning them. If they are free of personal grief and their past then they can be anything, I just worry they might not be completely free yet. They obviously aren't mine to alter, I'm just making suggestions. I wonder how Worlsend's aura might yet decay/betray their personal qualities.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next