It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Worlsend: Map room.
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:23 pm 
Site Admin

New Map Key...
The Three Disctricts: Ouro, Elder Town, Dread Wheat

Ouro Streets: Redmark Circle, Redmark Bridge, Redmark

Elder Town Streets: Vulturpayn Rd., Blucrow Ave., Semper Rd., Eagulmast St., Ravenlov St., Faustina St., Radius Rd., Ulna Rd., Skull Rd., Femur Rd., Sternum Rd.

Dread Wheat streets: Eagulmast St., Dagon Trail, Above St., Below St.

Old Map Link
A: New Arkham City Hall and Municapla Building
B: Cemetery and the Church of St. Faustina
C: Ravenlov Estates (A.k.a. the Dread House)
D: Theater of Boxing
E: Red House (Brothel)
F: The Mutton Glutton Family Restaurant
G: Viduus Theater
H: Dreamy's Drugstore and Soda Joint
I: Nocturna Mansion
J: Rexia's Workshop
K: Worlsend Gate Post Office
L: Vulturpayn Memorial Library

New Arkham, the Gravepost of the world. Outside, the world is ending, always ending. Somehow people find themselves drawn here to watch the world burn.

There are four sins in New Arkham:

Do not fight each other.
Do not Eat more than your share.
Do not have sex.
Do not run from the Children.

There are four Beasts that roam the city, one for each sin, and drawing their attention is almost certain death.

Welcome Home.

Post subject: Re: Arkhamites: Map room.
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:30 pm 
Site Admin

Rules for placing Buildings

Setting:
1921 Middle America...Maybe. We're shooting for a Lovecraft creepy feel. That Uncanny and Unknown.

One person get's one building or estate, whatever you want. Keep in mind the four sins.

There are currently 5 streets:

Vulturpayn Rd
Egulmass St
Blucrow Ave
Ravenlov St
St. Faustina St

Buildings must be next to a road, BUT if you want a new road, tell me where and what to call it.

If you want to be the person who runs a show, I'm cool with that, but hold on until we start making characters. You'll want to roll a character up. This takes place in a different time than that normal Natchian stuff, so no Devil or Angels or Anamorphic characters, but we'll get to that in another thread.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:16 pm 
Lv.13

Hmmmm....

If it's the early 1920's, I'd totally love to be someone trying to bring film around. Silent movie theater, go!

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:51 pm 
Site Admin

We could set up a small studio, Viduus. I know you know more about film history than I do. What would you suggest?

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:19 pm 
Lv.13

Well, movie theaters in the 20's were still very much theater like, and was certainly a focal social point in towns. There were also movies like The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, Nosferatu, Dr. Mabuse: The Gambler, and to a certain extent Metropolis that could easily be shown in a setting like New Arkham.

I think an added bonus though would be is if there was an actual production studio in the back of the theater as well, filming exclusively in and around town. As far as the actual equipment, they looked something like
and

I imagine we don't really need too many people running such a thing, perhaps someone to run the theater, and maybe sell concessions, and another person to run the filming studio itself?

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:59 pm 
Site Admin

Hmmm...oki, I'll put a Viduus Theater on the NW corner of Blucrow and Ravenlov, at the center of town. It makes sence it'd be there being the social focus of the city.

9_9 Tomorrow I'll come up with a back story and put it on the map. It'll be a refurbished old theater with new "mordern" film equipment and the like in back.

^_^ Add any details you think would be right.

Edit: Theater added.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:00 pm 
Lv.17

Suggestion:
Drug store on the corner of Ravenlov St and Blucrow. Across from the Theatre.
Obviously it's not the modern drug stores, but the ones from back then. With the soda taps, candy, and so on.
Good times.
also: :ess: Holy crap I'm back. :jey:
For a moment. :see:
We'll see how long it lasts.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:04 pm 
Lv.11

Location: The eight level of the Seven Levels of Hell. (Louisiana)
I was thinking you could have a mansion by the tip of Mason Lake (that little bump right below the name). As for a new street going directly towards it, why not call it Semper, but the locals will probably refer to it as Little Bitch Road, because it's a bitch to travel on. If this idea is oki, can I make the back story for the mansion?

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:57 am 
Site Admin

Sai and everyone else,

I LOVE details. Give as much back story and detail as you'd like.

The more details, the less I have to write when it's time to put in the stories.

And HI Z! I think you're talking about something like this: Linky

I'll get to work on the New street and buildings.

Edit: Done. You may need to refresh the page.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 4:33 pm 
Lv.11

Location: The eight level of the Seven Levels of Hell. (Louisiana)
Nocturna

Egulmass St leads to Semper Rd. Or "Little Bitch Road" as the oldest locals call it, and that leads to the gates of Nocturna. For as long as the town has been alive, Nocturna has been with it. A fairly big three story mansion perched on a small hill by the lakeside. Made of the wood built to last, and so it has. A old deck and second story balcony in the back, overlooking the Lake. A few hedges around the blacken iron fence in the front. The inside compose of a dinning hall, a den, a few bedrooms, Kitchen, living room, and a quite impressive library, having access to a secret study. But that's not the only secret of Nocturna. No, no at all. The basement leads to a sub-basement, a room long abandoned. From there a small tunnel leading to a grotto that could access the outside lake. In this sub basement lies broken and mangled bones, some human, some humanoid. No one knows much about the sub-basement, or the house for that matter. Only rumors that there was once a passageway leading to large underground caverns, but of course, that was a rumor. The previous owners of the house were sullen fellows, whose lives ended 30 years before, but no ones knew that they died. No one but the butler who kept the place up. And he is still vague to say what happened to them.
The current owner keeps to himself, and never really invited anyone to the mansion just yet

(I'll see what I can dig up grim, but it might not be until tomorrow)

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 5:51 am 
Lv.17

That is it exactly, Grim.
I'll think of the details over the weekend. Because it's late, and I'm busy for most of tomorrow anyways.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:33 am 
Site Admin

No Prob.

Today, I think I research some architecture from New England and give the City Hall and the Theater a Gothic feel.

9_9 Viduus, you can post your details here, if you want. I don't know if you wanna make a character first, since you wanted to tie the character to the theater.

@Sai

See, THAT'S the kind of detail I like. I'll rough up some sketches and see what I can come up with. I may sketch up the Butler as an Other (i.e. something's wrong with the way he looks)

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:41 am 
Site Admin

Double Post, for Ducky's sake.

Ducky wrote:
Photo time.

Pretend the kitchens in the basement. I forgot about it.

PArlor

Showroom from the view of the private booths

view from parlor looking to showroom

the bar along the back wall

my character (BONUS POINTS to whoever can tell me who this real-life femme fatale is)

THe girls:

Whole decor is a little bit goth, a little bit steampunk, and VERY 1920s glam. Riproarin twenties.

Here's the photos of the building and grounds:

Anyway that's all i've got so far, I'll write a really great backstory and how the place got started, the history the building is steeped in (I have some great ideas for that) and the background of Miss Lyssa as soon as I get some time I have to get read for work it's friday night and it's going to be busy. Feel free to move this post.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:05 pm 
Lv.17

Alright, here's the backstory for the Drug Store. (Not sure about architecture. I'm sure someone knows enough about the period and buildings to put together a fair idea, though.)

The owners of New Arkham's drugstore, Dreamy's Drugstore and Soda Joint, have always been plagued by extraordinary luck, in equal portions good and bad. As a result of the frequent nigh-miraculous accidents and good fortune in equal amounts, the property has changed hands frequently. Several times, this has been because of death by natural causes. Noone who actually frequents the store complains, or even cares much, however. The prices don't change no matter who currently owns the deed, and the person behind the counter might be odd, but is certainly nice enough. Between the usually congenial company, relaxing atmosphere, and the actual goods offered, the store hasn't had much of any sort of trouble, financial or otherwise, at least that anyone cares to recall.

Of course someone determined, paranoid, and crazy enough, might claim that the building itself seems to resist change, encouraging or punishing the current owners as needed to keep things the same. Clearly, however, such claims are completely insane. ... Right?

Anyone who actually heeds such claims and does some serious digging might dig up the more secretive history of the building. It was always a drug store, but the original owner was a very powerful Self who created the drug store to try to create a new life to fill in what was missing. Certain groups hint that in the foundation of the building, strange rites were used so that the building as it was would last long after the original owner passed on. Since noone knows what happened to that owner, any such information would be highly suspect... and if it's actually true, would be very dangerous to know of, simply by presenting a threat to the core of what the drugstore is.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:16 am 
Site Admin

Some time this week, I shall have to add building descriptions to the series bible.

9_9 I think Taxi Smith owns the Soda joint, right now, and he isn't 100% sure what humans drink. You can get interesting flavors, like chum. ^_^ Is hooman drink, yes?

Hey, Sai, what do we know about Nocturna? For Example, why the street name "Semper?"