It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Worlsend: Map room.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:39 pm 
Site Admin

The Church of St. Faustina is lived in by Melody Redmark. She also takes care of the graves. Not sure, yet, what effect this has on Jerald Weismann, the gravedigger.

All cult activity takes place...uh...everywhere. Especially the City Hall and Elder Town in general.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:42 pm 
Lv.2

With the need for lots of innocent victims, someone in town probably specializes in human trafficking. On orphanage somewhere in town might be a good cover for them, if someone took the time to design it.
Plus, it would be a great thing for all those "heroes" to take a stand against

As for melody and the gravedigger, torrid love affair?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:31 pm 
Site Admin

*shudder*

Huh. Human trafficking would be an interesting Idea. Let's dissect what we know about the town and figure it...

1) There are four sins, commuting any of them calls the Beasts or Worlsend
2) People arrive, but rarely leave and when they do they come back.
3) The Officials of Noxis and the NSBLE know to keep the hell away from Worlsend.

I'm a trafficker in slaves, let's say Chinese men and women who think they'll have a better life in America. God help these men and women, they ended up in Noxis State. 9_9 But that, in itself, is not a death sentence.

As part of the Mafia, or whatever, I need a place to store these people I tricked into slavery and to hide from the FBI and the NSBLE. Here we go. There's this place called Worlsend. Law enforcment doesn't go near that place. I'll go there.

I'm driving a truck full of people. The chattle (that is the term for human cattle) start getting restless as soon as I arrive. Something about a "Bad Feeling" but I can't understand Chinese, so fuck them.

Someone in town warns me about the 4 sins. Everyone here is pretty big on the superstition that Worlsend is more messed up than the rest of Noxis State. Oh good! An abandoned warehouse. Shuffle the Chattle inside.

Telegram from the Boss. He says "Fuck you! *stop* Why the fuck did you go to Worlsend Gate?! *stop* Good luck in Hell, Buddy! *full stop*" Uh...That's weird.

The Chattle saw something horrible. Nothing a good whipping can't handle.

What was that? Oh shit! Was that my dead brother? That's impossible! I smashed his head in with a pickaxe years ago.

Chattle start tearing themselves apart trying to escape. There's blood. Real blood! Damn Chinese are crazy motherfu-

Oh god! One of them is dead! Trampled! A couple of men climb out of the warehouse and jump off the roof to escape. One dies on impact with the earth. What the hell am I gonna do with all these dead people?

What's that stomping noise?

Uh...

-=-=-=-

Hey, Taxi. Did you hear about that old warehouse on Sternum St? Yeah, Beast of wrath flattened it. There was, something, like 50 victims! Crazy! Sure, I'll take a chum-shake.

Actually, that's pretty epic. I may do that for a podcast.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:47 pm 
Lv.2

To avoid sins like wrath or cowardice, the kidnappers could always use drugs. Opium, maybe? I am not all that familiar with the drugs of the time period in question.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:51 pm 
Lv.2

Oooo... Could you distract a sin? If you want to quietly murder someone, could you trick or otherwise influence someone to go on a killing spree on the other side of town?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:49 pm 
Lv.23

Actually, I think the city and the beasts are quite... powerless against the truly innocent. And most heroes are certainly NOT innocent...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:24 pm 
Lv.17

Unless you brought someone in from outside to cause trouble, I don't think you could trick, bribe, or coerce anyone in Worlsend to commit a Sin like murder.
Noone is stupid enough to do something that is flat out guarunteed to get them killed unless they're suicidal. And there are a lot of better ways to do that.

As for the truly innocent, the ones with no shadows in their eyes or wounds in their hearts, what reason would -they- have for ending up in Worlsend?

Well, I suppose as long as they tread carefully, they'd have no need to fear if they did end up in Worlsend. No Children would come for them, and if they don't commit a sin, they could lead fairly normal and blameless lives. ... which is boring.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:53 pm 
Site Admin

Ah, but Worlsend doesn't care about guilt of innocence. The town calls to they for whom the world has ended. 9_9 our protagonist would have had to of been pushed to human trafficking, not seeing any other alternative.

Even Melody, who's pretty innocent, all things considered, is tormented.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:08 pm 
Lv.2

A true innocent would be interesting. Someone who was merely born here, and grew up in a bubble of bliss. Everyone would tiptoe around this person, not wanting to drag them into the town proper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:07 pm 
Site Admin

Ghast wrote:
A true innocent would be interesting. Someone who was merely born here, and grew up in a bubble of bliss. Everyone would tiptoe around this person, not wanting to drag them into the town proper

Bonus: No one wants to drag the boy down, so no one talks to him.

:jey: And he laments as he is ignored by the town's people.

<_< Well, I donno. Melody is pretty friendly, as it Jebediah. Hmmm...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:22 pm 
Lv.17

Truly innocent, but someone for whom the world ended.
Well. If you can fit someone that... polarized... they would be...

Idea. I have another idea. Grim; I have sent a question in PMs. Because Iunno if spoilers.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:34 pm 
Lv.2

Additionally, where does Worlsend's food come from? I suppose more complex but small goods can be imported by The Bus, but it would seem meager for a town of this size: staples might come from elsewhere. Perhaps there should be a farm- I would be interested to know what grows there. Farming could be a dangerous profession!